Chicken and friends *
|1 lb||chicken thighs, cut into small pieces|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|10-15 **||green cardamom pods (or 2 tsp ground cardamom)|
|2 tsp||curry powder|
|1 tbsp ***||curry paste|
|1 tsp||cayenne powder (or to taste; omit if desired)|
|2 tsp||tandoori masala|
|1 tsp||garam masala|
|1||400 mL can of coconut milk|
|1 cup||plain yogurt|
|1||5.5 oz can of tomato paste|
- Stir fry first set of ingredients until chicken has color and onions are translucent
- Pour all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- Remove cardamom pods before serving
- You can omit the stir frying step if time is an issue.
** Sew the cardamom pods together, or wrap in a cheese cloth bundle to make removal easier. Could also put them in a tea bag or infuser. Or, just use the ground stuff instead.
*** The source recommends “Patak’s mild curry paste,” which is usually available at Superstore/Loblaws alongside the other Indian foods. You want an Indian curry paste, not a Thai one.