|1 cup||corn syrup|
|4 1/2 cups||salted roasted peanuts|
|4 Tbsp||unsalted butter|
|2 tsp||baking soda|
- Put sugar, corn syrup and water into pot. Stir. Cover and put on high heat. Swirl around to get rid of any lumps of sugar.
- Insert thermometer and keep on medium to high heat until 230 F - thread stage.
- Cook two more minutes, then immediately add peanuts. Cook until 300 F - hard crack stage. Keep stirring for about 20 minutes.
- Have two cookie sheets ready - spray with cooking spray.
- Remove mixture from heat and add butter, vanilla and baking soda. Stir. Mixture will foam.
- Pour onto cookie sheets and spread out thinly.
- Let cool at least 1 hour. Turn out onto counter or other surface and break apart.