|2 cups||cubed cooked chicken (~2 large breasts)|
|1 cup||chopped onion|
|4 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|2 tsp||curry powder|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 tsp||ground ginger|
|2 tsp||garam masala|
|14 oz can||coconut milk|
|6 tbsp||tomato paste|
|4||small servings of rice|
|naan or other bread|
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add onion, and simmer until translucent.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, ginger, garlic powder, and stir for one minute.
- Add chicken and water, stirring and scraping until meat is heated and spices mixed.
- Shake coconut milk can, open and add to pan, mix well (canned coconut milk separates).
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes, thickening with additional tomato paste and adding additional spices if desired.
- Serve over rice.
- Unless you use exceedingly spicy curry powder or garam masala, this curry is very mild as it’s written. If more heat is desired, add in some chili powder or a nice hot sauce; you may also want to bring up the amount of garam masala and curry powder.