|3/4 c.||frozen corn kernels|
|1/2||large tomato, diced|
|1 small||jalapeno pepper, diced|
|1 1/2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 c.||shredded cheese|
|1||cooked chicken breast|
- Chop cooked, boneless chicken into very small pieces.
- Chop onions, garlic tomato, and jalapeno pepper.
- Melt margarine in pan set at Med-Lo. Add onion, garlic and corn. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and jalapeno; saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, lemon juice and salt. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan. There should be no “stuck” pieces.
- In same pan, melt more margarine or spray with non stick spray. Place one tortilla in pan. Top with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Spoon about 1/2 the chicken/corn mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on top.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Cook 3 minutes pressing down with spatula until cheese melts.
- Turn carefully. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Carefully remove from pan to plate. Keep warm in 200 oven.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and filling.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
- Instead of using two tortillas at a time, use one and fold in half. This makes turning it over easier.