|1 cup||grated old cheddar cheese|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1 Tbsp||butter, melted|
- Lightly grease muffin cups.
- Grate cheese, set aside.
- Stir together flour, salt and cayenne.
- Beat eggs, milk and butter together.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp batter into each muffin cup. Srpinkle with 1 Tbsp cheese. Alternate batter and cheese until both are used up and cups are half filled.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 15 - 20 minutes.
- If not baked long enough, popovers will collapse. The best way to check for doneness is to remove a popover to see if the outside walls are firms.